ASUSTOR has officially launched a new rackmount NAS with a dual power supply, based on Intel Braswell technology. The unit also comes with 12 disk bays, giving you a maximum storage capacity of 120TB, and a quad-core processor – making it a high capacity, enterprise-class system.
The unit also comes with the ADM operating system as standard, making system and event management simpler and easier. The MyArchive cold backup storage feature also means you can easily expand and backup storage – making this a unit targeted primarily at small and medium-sized businesses.
As well as the Intel Braswell quad-core processor, the AS6212RD also offers folder-based AES 256-bit encryption, giving you improved security. You can also seamlessly integrate it with Windows AD, meaning it suits most current enterprise IT setups. It comes with 4GB of memory as standard, and can work seamlessly with the ADM RAID storage system.
ASUSTOR posted a full list of specifications, which can be seen below:
- Complete iSCSI/IP-SAN and NFS support. VMware, Citrix and Hyper-V ready
- Equipped with an Intel Celeron quad-core processor
- Windows + Mac + Linux cross-platform file sharing
- Windows ACL support combined with Windows AD infrastructure enhances management efficiency for business applications
- Support for RAID 0,1,5,6,10 and hard drive hot swapping
- New disk tray locks ensure that hard disks will not be accidentally ejected during operation
- Military grade AES 256-bit encryption for individual shared folders
- SMB 2/3 support increases Windows networking performance by 30%-50%
- Uninterruptible dual power supply