Microsoft has currently released the previews of Playable Ads in the Windows Dev Center.
The company states,
“We have made several ground-breaking enhancements in the way users interact with ads so that developers can acquire the users who are more engaged and proven to be more profitable.”
Playable Ads are an all new way for end users to interact with the ads and apps. With the help on this ability, the end users will never require to leave the current app.
The ad click will go on to result in inline expandable app streaming for at least three minutes, and the users will be able to interact with the app, as if it has already been installed on their device. This will go on to provide the users with time in hand, so as to install the app on their device. At the end of the streaming session, if the app has gone on to meet the expectation of the users, then he or she can click on the provided link and install the app.
Playable ads come with numerous advantages for both end users as well as for the developers. Some of the advantages have been listed below, as per the official blog:
- Users can experience the app live before installing it.
- Users will not leave the current app context after ad click since these are inline expandable ads.
- Users can abandon the app stream at any point of time based on the quality of the game.
- He/she is not blocked until the end of the game play.
- Developers can create an engaging experience during the first few minutes of a game to better explain its capabilities compared to screenshots.
- Users who install the game after three minutes of engagement are more inclined to use the game/app than those who just installed the app based on the product description page.
The company in its official blog states,
“We believe that users acquired via playable ads will have a higher life time value compared with users acquired through the regular channels.”
Among all the features, the best feature is that as an end developer you will not need to do anything, not even new packages. Yes, you hear it, right, and its sounds really exciting. You will be glad to hear that Microsoft will do all the background work on your behalf, providing you with a flawless experience.
In order to create the new ad campaign, you can either use the app promotional capability or follow the steps given below, as per the official blog:
- Click on the “Dashboard” after your log in to your Windows Dev Center account.
- Click on the “Promotions” tab under the Main menu.
- Click on “New Campaign” to create a new user acquisition campaign.
The company states,
“If the targeting criteria is set to PC/Tablet for the Device type & Windows 10 as the OS, the creative section will show a new call to action called ‘Try Now.’ All the ad campaigns created with ‘Try Now’ as the call to action are automatically created as ‘Playable Ad’ campaigns on the back-end with app streams.”